Friday 8 February 2013

at the zoo with you

impromptu plans out are always the best, on a Sunday morning my ever spontaneous boyfriend decided we would visit the zoo, never one to say no to the chance of seeing monkeys or snakes (my two favs!) I was ecstatic. 
living in Chester it is very simple to get to the zoo so it took us all of 10 minutes to drive there, we spent the entire day walking around the zoo screaming and 'awwing' at every animal we saw, one of my favourites being the 'painted dogs' which are beautiful!

surprisingly what impressed me most was the gift shop, not because i'm crazy about cuddly toy animals or pencils with monkeys on (although i probably am) but because they had a whole section of 'recycled' items.
Including pop bottles turned into pencil cases, wellie boots into coasters and nuts and bolts into bowls. 

everything was stunning and has sparked a creative rush in me 
so watch this space!

xx 
Painted Dogs 

Wellington Boot Coasters 

Nuts and Bolts bowl 

No comments:

Post a Comment